Wednesday 19 August 2015

Last minute knitting...again!

I'm trying to knit a shawl to wear for a wedding this weekend. I don't know why I do this to myself!It's pretty unlikely it will be finished in time. There are four pairs of charts and I have worked the first two pairs. Ahem. Sorry for the bad photo, it rained pretty heavily here all day. 


The pattern is Campside by Alicia Plummer. I think it's my first go at one of her patterns and I really like it. I like knitting charted lace, and I like the pattern of this shawl, with eyelets in increasing frequency. The yarn is also gorgeous. A bamboo blend, it's shiny and soft and sooo drapey. It's going to be a perfect summer shawl. When it gets finished!


I'm still reading The Second Deadly Sin and quite enjoying it. For a cheap modern paperback this is really good, and I highly recommend it if you like murder mysteries. Don't forget to head over to the Yarn Along to see what other bloggers are crafting and reading this week.

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful yarn. Fingers crossed you get finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course...I didn't! But we had a lovely time all the same.

      Delete
  2. lovely shawl and I was hoping you finished in time but maybe there will be another wedding to wear it!

    ReplyDelete