Monday 31 August 2015

Baking Time

Over the last two months Husband and I (OK, mainly Husband) have done a lot of work on our little home. The best thing for me is that we now have a lovely functioning cooker! Here are some recent efforts:


Tear-and-share from my standard bread dough;


Chocolate cupcakes from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. Nice and chocolatey, but too sweet. The garnish is a mask from some spiderman sprinkles Sausages insisted upon;


Chocolate cheesecake cupcakes from the same book, probably the best thing I have made from this book so far. These are tasty, probably helped by my leaving off the suggested frosting, which I find too sweet;


Texas Cornbread from Mums Know Best by the Hairy Bikers. This is a much loved classic in  our house with baked beans. If you want to make it and can't get creamed corn, I just whizz cooked sweetcorn in my blender. Highly recommended!

What are you enjoying cooking at the moment? I feel autumn around the corner, and the lure of hotpots, stews, pies and crumbles. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

E



No comments:

Post a Comment