Wednesday 3 December 2014

Advent Yarn Along

Well 'tis the season for gift knitting, and I'm still working on this cabled beast. I've ripped and restarted it several times, but I have high hopes of finishing it today or tomorrow. Now I'm close to the end I'm seriously considering a matching something, but I presume I won't have time, since it will have to go on the end of the list.


As for reading, I'm nearly at the end of my proper book and am planning a review for next week, so do come back if you're interested in breastfeeding and supporting breastfeeding families. Mostly what I am reading comes from the boys' Advent book box. Below are this year's additions, featuring a photobomb from Bob, who is VERY into books all of a sudden. He's a page-turning pro! I loved the That's not my... books when Sausages was little, but he doesn't like to be encouraged to do things, and never felt the pages as we read. Bob has no such reservations and LOVES to rub the pages with those soft, plump, sticky little hands!


The Dinosaur That Pooped Christmas is actually very good. Which is for the best, since I am required to read it about ten times a day. J R R Tolkien's Letters From Father Christmas is a little gift for Sausages and I to share. We had the picture book version at home when I was a child, and he will read it when we go there over Advent and Christmas, but I'm sneaking in a couple of letters a day during "quiet time" in the afternoon.


Sausages' Advent calendar is up. I wanted to find a different set of text to go in the pockets, but ended up using the same one as last year because I didn't really find anything else I liked as much. If you like them, you can find the free printable here. If you'd care to comment on what colour we should paint that wall, feel free! (I hate red)



We've been crafting away during quiet time. Sausages loved making these icicles. Mostly he wanted all of the sparkly and star shaped beads to himself, and was disinclined to make his wiggly, but that's fine!


Similarly he followed his own path with these reindeer! I feel strongly that children should be allowed to find their own creative path. I know that if I try to influence or even engage with Sausages on how to approach a craft he will refuse it. I have been delighted to craft a bit more with him recently, it's been a while and I've missed it!


Don't forget to pop over to Frontier Dreams and Small Things to check out what others are crafting and reading. Try not to add to your Christmas to-do list though, I'm sure it's long enough already! Let me know what you're up to, I love to hear from you!

E

2 comments:

  1. your cables are lovely and hopefully you are finished ripping and restarting! I tend to do that to get the pattern just right. I'm nearly done with my gift knitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have finally cast it off and let it be. Christmas zen.

      Delete