Wednesday 29 April 2015

Wednesday Knitting and Reading

This week I have mostly been knitting small things, which makes for a lot of progress! I finished the test knit for Jennie at A Lovely Homemade Life, and it's gorgeous!


Next I cast on a newborn-sized Snapdragon soaker to take to my local nappy library. It's so tiny! Bob is a little dink, but he suddenly seems big in comparison. Unfortunately casting it on has taken me over my personal target maximum for Works In Progress, so I shall have to finish something this week! Personally, I think it will be this. It's tiny!


I cast on the extra stitches for the body on Bob's hoodie, I'm pleased with how the yarn is knitting up, and I love the sideways construction. I have made a few changes this time from when I knitted this for Sausages. I must have gained a little knitting wisdom in the intervening years!


I have managed a bit of dyeing this week. This is my "raspberry ripple," a happy accident which came about when I couldn't get blue dye to take fully, There is just a hint of blue where the pink meets the white. I love it! This is probably destined for soakers, so get in touch if you'd like one. I think I have finally made it out of my phase of dyeing everything yellow and green. Speaking of which, I will be chatting about my last yellow dye job this week, so do pop back if you're interested.


I finished Carpe Jugulum. This is not the first time I have read it, and I love it so much! Next up is Why Doulas Matter, by the wonderful Maddie McMahon. Maddie is an amazing supporter of women, who helped me a lot when I was preparing for my second birth after a traumatic first birth, and when I was trying to establish breastfeeding with Bob. I'm only a couple of pages in, but I'm really enjoying the book. Here's a picture for Irenee, who once asked me where I found the time to read. This is where!


Don't forget to pop over to Ginny's and Nicole's to see what everyone else is crafting this week. I'd love to hear what you're up to! I was glad to hear last week that so many others love the Discworld books too.

Take care,

E




4 comments:

  1. Raspberry ripple, i love it! Beautiful wip's you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is your personal target maximum? Maybe I should implement that rule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think five. Some have been hibernating for a LONG time! I don't have space to store lots of WIPs.

      Delete